I don't think I suffered any repercussions due to my parents letting us go trick or treating and dressing up as harmless things on Halloween...princesses, army men, cats, teachers....
I like the holiday, I actually like October because of it, always holds happy memories :)
I don't have anything really philosophical, but I do agree with this guy... People nowadays really do make too big of a deal about Halloween and twist the meaning. Really, if Catholic parents are being Catholic parents, then their children will grow up learning what Halloween means and will not be warped children.
Once again, it seems to come down to the ever more present fact that Catholics seem to be falling away more and more often from teaching their children about the great feasts of the Church which are dappled all over our calendar, the calendar that the world uses. That's just it, the majority of Catholic parents have become so worldly, that they make the minority tend more towards Jansenism as they do not want to resemble the lax in any way...but the more traditional Catholics go too far all to often, in my opinion.
The traditional Catholics start shutting down where they should be opening up, like in true charity and trying to be friendly with "bad" Catholics to be a good example. Unfortunately, the "good" Catholics ignore and refuse to look at or talk to Catholics who have had the misfortune of falling down.... When really, they should be open to talking to those poor souls, being friendly to them, inviting them over into a good atmosphere. When we don't, that's when we, so called, traditional Catholics, who claim to be better, start becoming as the worldlings who do not want to be "marked" for associating them. No, I'm not suggesting that we go into the fallen souls world, bring them into our world so they can see we are not rejecting them, that we are willing to help and only wait for them.....
I like the holiday, I actually like October because of it, always holds happy memories :)
I don't have anything really philosophical, but I do agree with this guy... People nowadays really do make too big of a deal about Halloween and twist the meaning. Really, if Catholic parents are being Catholic parents, then their children will grow up learning what Halloween means and will not be warped children.
Once again, it seems to come down to the ever more present fact that Catholics seem to be falling away more and more often from teaching their children about the great feasts of the Church which are dappled all over our calendar, the calendar that the world uses. That's just it, the majority of Catholic parents have become so worldly, that they make the minority tend more towards Jansenism as they do not want to resemble the lax in any way...but the more traditional Catholics go too far all to often, in my opinion.
The traditional Catholics start shutting down where they should be opening up, like in true charity and trying to be friendly with "bad" Catholics to be a good example. Unfortunately, the "good" Catholics ignore and refuse to look at or talk to Catholics who have had the misfortune of falling down.... When really, they should be open to talking to those poor souls, being friendly to them, inviting them over into a good atmosphere. When we don't, that's when we, so called, traditional Catholics, who claim to be better, start becoming as the worldlings who do not want to be "marked" for associating them. No, I'm not suggesting that we go into the fallen souls world, bring them into our world so they can see we are not rejecting them, that we are willing to help and only wait for them.....
No comments:
Post a Comment